Multimedia computer program “Spotlight Idioms” contains:
I. Spotlight School English-Russian-Tatar Thesaurus of Idioms;
II. School Dictionary of Idioms and their Origins;
III. Spotlight Interactive Tests.
I. Spotlight School English-Russian-Tatar Thesaurus of Idioms consists of:
1. The English - Russian Picture Thesaurus which contains 9 thematic word lists of idioms with definitions, translations, examples and colourful visuals.
2. English- Russian - Tatar Thesaurus which contains 9 thematic word lists of idioms with Russian and Tatar equivalents;
3. Index includes English idioms with Russian and Tatar equivalents in alphabetical order.
II. School Dictionary of Idioms and their Origins contains the information about the origin and history of the idioms. Each entry explains the meaning, usage and origin of the idioms, is beautifully illustrated with pictures and examples of usage.
III. Spotlight Interactive Tests provide learners with interactive practice and includes:
1. Tests for the textbooks 'Spotlight' from 8 to 11 classes. Tests are organized by class, module. Each module offers several tests.
2. Additional exercises which are organized in 9 theme groups according to the school dictionary groups and represent different levels of complexity. The tests are arranged in order of increasing difficulty of lighter to more complicated.
The dictionaries are based on the idioms of textbooks "Spotlight" from 8 to 11 forms (by V. Evans, J. Dooley, J. Vaulina, O. Podolyako, O. Afanasiev , I. Mikheyev, B. Obi, Express Publishing, Prosveshcheniye, M, 2009).
The dictionareis were made with iSpringPresenter program, the tests were made with FreeQuizMaker program.